Thursday, March 22, 2012

my playlist

I go through musical phases.
I think most people do; but I really push the limits (of mostly my husband's sanity) of how long you should listen to one new band/cd/song exclusively.
I also cycle through 4-5 songs that I sing around the house. They're seriously the only songs I ever sing around the house. Cleaning, getting ready, crafting...

1. Super Trouper by ABBA
2. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay
3. Peponi (Paradise by Coldplay, African Style)
4. Mayberry by Rascal Flatts
5. Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas

A couple things about these songs. If you haven't already seen the music video for Paradise by Coldplay, it's probably my all-time favorite, so you should watch it. (Click on the link on "Paradise").

Also, Super Trouper is by far my most performed song in the house (or in the car, or at the store, or on the street). Don't ask me why, because I still don't know. I thought my husband was going to have a full-on meltdown, for all the time I was singing it.
But then I played it for him, and we had a dance party in the living room.

I've always looooved Coldplay. They've been my go-to band for several years now. They've been my casual music, my happy music. It's only recently that Dusty has consented to truly enjoy them. And that's probably because their new CD is the Best. One. Yet. Capital B, capital O, capital Y. Heh, that spells boy.
Anyway, it's fantastic. Truly. Dusty and I have been listening to this CD on repeat for weeks now, and still have yet to tire of it. I put it on shuffle/repeat at work, then put it on shuffle/repeat at home.

CD: Mylo Xyloto
My favorite songs: Hurts Like Heaven, Paradise, Us Against The World, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, U.F.O., Princess of China, Up In Flames, Up With the Birds.
Yes, it's THAT hard to choose.

Although if I had to choose, right now, (other than the 2 most popular, Paradise and Teardrop) I'd narrow it down to Up in Flames and Us Against the World, which is probably the prettiest. And Princess of China, which is spunky and features Rihanna. :)

Okay, now lets up the ante a little bit. A lotta bit.
Snow Patrol. Heard of them? They have also released a stellar new CD called Fallen Empires. Take Mylo Xyloto, and Fallen Empires, and put those hands together. 
On a shuffle mix, these two CDs are what have been my life's playlist for the past month.

CD: Fallen Empires
My Favorite Songs: Called Out in the Dark, This Isn't Everything You Are, The Garden Rules (really lovely), Berlin (instrumental + humming/wordless), Lifening, New York, Those Distant Bells.

Snow Patrol uses a lot of cool details on this CD to really establish a common feel throughout.
One thing is a use of a many voiced choir/chorus. Particularly in:
The Weight of Love, I'll Never Let Go (at the end), and This Isn't Everything You Are.
They also have a lovely-voiced woman make guest appearances in some of their songs. Most notably in:
The Garden Rules and Those Distant Bells

Have a listen, I know you'll enjoy it. :)

This is just a daily muse. I'm currently listening to (shock!) a mix of Mylo Xyloto and Fallen Empires.
Current song: This Isn't Everything You Are by Snow Patrol.

:)
In love,
Cait

1 comment:

  1. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is one of my favorites! Peponi was a beautiful video :)

    ReplyDelete