Friday, March 2, 2012

rosemary

....bread. Mmmm, bread. Rosemary bread.
Oh, drat. I don't have any yeast!!
Muaha. Lucky for me, I am able to capitalize on both my hunger, laziness, and efficiency (and what they call the world wide web!).
May I present to you, a yeast-less and yet delicious (and ridiculously easy, therefore me likey), rosemary bread recipe!

Popeye and Olive-Oil
delicious Rosemary bread

I think Rosemary is one of the most delicious flavors in the world. 
In August, when we went to DC, we ate at this fabulous restaurant called Good Stuff Eatery that served Rosemary and Thyme french fries. I'm not sure I've ever had such a wonderful fry flavor combo. Totally at the top of my YUM list.

This recipe is so easy. Took me about 10 minutes to throw the ingredients together, and then 55 minutes to bake. And it is SO GOOD. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup sweet white wine or apple juice
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray your chosen bread pan with cooking spray. I used a nice round pan, which worked great. 
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, and salt).


3. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and add in the white wine and olive oil.


4. Slowly add the egg mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing well.

5. Pour the bread batter into your bread pan, and bake for 55 minutes, or until golden brown (and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean!). 





And you're done!
Delicious, seasoned and nutty bread for your next soup dinner, or afternoon snack, or even breakfast. :)
And all from things you (well, I) probably already had in your pantry!
It was nice to finish off the last of my cooking white wine, as well as the olive oil. I love being able to use up things in my pantry, and not let things go to waste :)

It was also game night last night.
We've been playing some fun word games online, and so both of us were hankering for some real-life Scrabble!

I used to be the word master in this marriage, but I think law school has really given Dusty the upper edge -- it was a really close game, the whole way through! Our finished board was nuts, with words like "bema" and "veeps". What in the world??

I still managed to snag the win, but my hubby had me on my toes :) we'll have the championships later, I'm sure.

I'm so happy it's Friday. This weekend will be a lot of fun, with a movie night tonight, another game night with some friends tomorrow, and church and relaxation on Sunday. :)

In love,
Cait

P.S. Oh -- and don't forget. There's a very special holiday coming up this month :) we've got festive salt shakers to prove it...


No comments:

Post a Comment