Monday, October 22, 2012

Frocktober: Week 3!

Whew!
It seems as though Frocktober has taken over October. :)
I haven't posted much, other than than Frocktober posts! But it has been a great few weeks.

Last week I decided I would try to incorporate some of my "fancy" dresses into everyday wear.
Sometimes us ladies have a collection of dresses we bought for a specific event or purpose and once we wear it, we have trouble wearing it again. Either because the event was significant enough that we can't remove that event from the dress (like a bridesmaid dress) or because we just don't have that many "fancy" events to go to anymore.

Frocktober: Week 3!

Day 1: The Graduation Dress

I had bought this silky dress from Ann Taylor Loft, and it ended up being the perfect choice for graduation.


But I haven't worn it since.
So this is how I wore it this week!

Dress: Loft
Top: J. Crew
Jacket: Loft
Shoes: Gifted
Earrings: Thrifted







Day 2: Wedding Guest Dress

I've actually gotten a lot of use out of this dress.
It has been my go-to, easy to style dress for nice occasions. It's a classic wrap dress, with an optional waist tie. The material is soft and comfortable.
But I've had it so long, it has been hanging in my closet without much use lately.
In a last "should I keep you?" effort, I decided to put it to the remix test. How can I freshen up this dress in my wardrobe?

We also had to take these pictures in the dark, since we had such a busy day! But we made it work.

Dress: ? (It's been too long!)
Sweater: Loft
Necklace: Gifted (via Etsy)
Watch: Fossil
Shoes: Gifted (via Zulily)
Headband: Target



This was a customized birthday gift from my best friend - my home state, Arizona. 

Day 3: Anniversary Dress

I got this dress at a great bargain, I think at Forever 21? But I'm not sure!
But it was the perfect January dress for our 1 year anniversary while we were home in Arizona.



I haven't worn it since, so I was excited to experiment!
Since it was chilly, I decided on layers.

Dress: Forever 21 (?)
Jacket: Loft
Skirt: Gifted
Shoes: Gifted (via Zulily)
Bracelet: Cookie Lee
Earrings: Noon (shop here)








Day 4: Short Dress Cover-Up!

Once again, this is a chapter out of the "This Dress is Too Short For Work" saga.
This party dress is great with tights, and I've only gotten one chance it wear it. It was a hand-me-down gift from my friend who also only wore it once.
So here we go! Giving this dress another chance to be great for everyday wear.

Dress: Gifted
Cardigan: ?
Skirt: Gifted
Shoes: Target
Jewelry: New York & Company







Day 5: Lace Dress and Bright Colors!

I was so excited last week, because I actually won a giveaway on one of the blogs I follow!
Delightfully Tacky, which was become one of my new favorites, posted a giveaway from Minuet Crochet, a sweet little Etsy shop.
A few days later, I got an email. I had actually won!
Mindy from Minuet Crochet quickly made my items and sent them to me. I couldn't believe how quickly they arrived!

We went travelling this weekend, so these pictures were taken on the road! We pulled over when the sun started to set.


For some reason, as soon as I brought my new crochet items upstairs, my eye was immediately drawn to this bright turquoise dress hanging in my closet. Wine and teal! Yes!

Dress: Ruche (shop here!)
Cardigan: Bought in Ireland
Boots: DSW
Tights: Target
Boot Cuffs, Mug Cozy, Infinity Scarf, Finger-less Gloves: Minuet Crochet! (shop here!)
Necklace: Lux (boutique in Riverside, CA)



In love with these boot cuffs.
Showing off all of Minuet Crochet's goodies!




Day 6: State Fair!

This was one of the trickiest days.
We went out of town over the weekend, travelling into North Carolina to go to the State Fair!
My husband had never been to a state fair. So obviously, we had to fix that immediately and introduce him to one!
We had a list of all of the classic to-do's. Ferris wheel, fried foods, winning stuffed animals...
That being said, I wanted something comfortable. But it's still Frocktober! So it had to be a dress.
Pictures were also tough, but we managed to get a few and include some of the wild life around the park. :)

Dress: Gifted (via Zulily)
Top: J. Crew
Belt: ?
Shoes: Marshall's
Sunglasses: Ruche (shop here!)




We had to ride the high swings!





 Such a fun day!

Day 7: Ruche!

I have been coveting a very specific outfit from one of Ruche's lookbooks for quite some time.
Namely, this one:



It's absolutely lovely. Pride & Prejudice lovely.
Finally, the floral top went on sale and I couldn't stand it any longer. Then, as fate would have it, my in-laws bought the lace dress to match!
So Sunday night, my husband and I went on a date and I got to wear my little Ruchette outfit for the first time.

Dress: Ruche
Top: Ruche
Tights: Target
Shoes: Poetic License (shop here!)




I love the little peek-a-boo back with the tie!



On our way to our date, we drove to the end of our street which opens up into our favorite line of golden trees in the Fall. It was our favorite spot last year, and so we decided to stop for a minute and take some more pictures while the sun was setting!
I also wanted to show the lace dress as is, since the detail is so lovely!








Many thanks to my wonderful husband who has been such a great sport in helping me in my Frocktober challenge.
It's been a lot of fun. :)
Right, honey?



Stay tuned, this week is the LAST full week of Frocktober!
I think I'm going to be experimenting with pattern combinations. What are the do's and don't's of mixing prints?
Is it personal preference, or is there a code?
Because my first outfit of this week may be testing the waters a bit. :)



In love,
Cait

P.S. What was your favorite outfit from this week??


1 comment:

  1. LOve the lace, Caitlin. You're so darling, and Dusty is becoming quite the photographer! Add that to your resume, guys!

    ReplyDelete