Friday, November 2, 2012

Frocktober: The End!

This is my very last Frocktober post!
(Until next year??)

Having now wore pants 2 days in a row, I'm pretty thankful that my wardrobe is varied and that I don't live in a time when dresses are required every single day.

The last three days of Frocktober were extremely fun. And very busy!
Especially since one of those days was Halloween.
We weren't sure if we were going to get any crazy weather from the hurricane...luckily, we only got some rain and very cold air.

Day 1:

Dress: Gifted (via Zulily)
Top: Ruche
Vest: Dillard's
Shoes: ?
Bag: Disney

The 29th of October was National Cat Day!
If you know me, you know that I'm very much an animal person. I grew up with a plethora of animals around me (my mom is a horse trainer), and I've always had a particular soft spot for kittens. :)





How sweet is this cat-print ("Cheshire") blouse from Ruche?
Shop a similar blouse here!
This photo opp called for a few real-life props.

Luna

Evangeline
 When Dusty and I went to Disney World, I was able to get this adorable bag from the Epcot park.


"Cheri with Cats". 


To finish off the look, I sported some cat-eye eyeliner.
I've been wearing a more subdued cat-eye for everyday, but this was definitely more prominent than I had done before!

Day 2: 

Dress: Ruche
Cardigan: J. Crew
Tights: Target
Boots: Dillard's
Jewelry: Fossil

This was a really busy day of errand-running, so we ended up getting home after dark.
We utilized the lit hallway in our apartment complex for the outfit shots!



I had caught wind of a J. Crew warehouse clearance on Sunday night, and literally ran and jumped in the car without even thinking to catch the last 15 minutes before it closed!

With 13 minutes inside, I speed-shopped (very exhilarating) and found two stellar cardigans, including this bright orange beauty. $15!



I love the double pockets in the front, and the cute little elbow patches!




This dress has the cutest details!

Day 3: Halloween!

Dress: Ruche
Top: Bought in Japan
Tights: Target
Shoes: DSW

The final day of Frocktober.
What a great way to end the month!

I decided to challenge myself to wear the same outfit to work as I would be wearing that night for my Halloween costume. It's amazing what kind of disguises you can put together from your own closet!
(Check out these super cute ideas for next year, too!)





Any guesses yet??

We were helping out with our church's "Trunk or Treat" this year, so we had to come up with a theme to decorate our car, and to dress up to.

Well, to satisfy your curiosity:

We did Disney's "UP"!




We showed up as Carl and Ellie.
And my daytime outfit turned into elderly Ellie!





We had such a blast!
We added some white to our hair and the trademark glasses and spent the evening with trick-or-treating kids.
It was FREEZING but we still had a blast!
I had Dusty bring us some chili from the nearby chili cook-off and we tried our best to stay warm.
We also had some friends come by with their son, and we were able to hang out with them for a bit! It was a great way to spend our Halloween.

Everyone loved our trunk. It's such a sad but sweet and uplifting movie!








Thus, we ended October and Frocktober all at once!

Thanks so much for following along.
If you missed any Frocktober posts, head over to week 1, week 2, and week 3!

I hope you all are having a wonderful November already.

Tonight, we are having a Murder Mystery Party in true (leftover) Halloween spirit!
I'm sure a very interesting post will follow ;)

In love,

Cait





No comments:

Post a Comment