Tuesday, November 13, 2012

trying trendy

There are several troubling trends in fashion that I honestly don't understand.

Uggs in the middle of summer.
Wearing tights/leggings as pants.
Fishnet stockings.

But then there are ones that I can't make up my mind about.
Enter, wearing tights with shorts.

Last week, I polled my friends on Facebook about this very idea. Yay, or nay?
Or is it subjective, based on the rest of the outfit?
The general consensus seemed to be a hesitant yes. Yes, they're good, and can even be great, but there are guidelines and stipulations. Proceed with caution, was the overall gist.

Honestly, I get a lot of my style inspiration from Ruche.
(See all of my features on their blog here!)


I've seen a lot of the sparkly winter shorts this season, layered for the colder weather.

Needless to say, it got my attention!
So I went on a search for a pair of shorts that I could build a winter outfit around.



Shorts: Kohl's (shopping for shorts in the winter-time is a blast! they're SO cheap!)
Top: J. Crew
Sweater: Gifted
Tights: Target
Booties: Baker's
Necklace/Earrings: Cookie Lee



I've really been digging brown and navy this Fall.




What do you think?
I have to say, it's one of the most comfortable outfits I've worn in a while!
I would love to play around with some more colors and patterns, without being too crazy.
I think I can put a few outfits together that could become winter staples for me...especially when we move back to Arizona, to much milder winters!

If you're looking for more outfit inspiration, check out Ruche's new Winter Lookbook, "En Pointe".
It's possibly my favorite lookbook of theirs so far.
It's full of winter whimsy, and lots of sparkle, which I love! It's perfect for the holidays.
Inspired by ballerinas, it's feminine and stylish, and will give you lots of ideas for the perfect ways to welcome in the winter weather.

These are my favorites outfits!

Classic: Patterned Dress, Belt, Boots, Scarf.

Adorable! Gold/Metallic Cardigan.
Completely brilliant layering. Sparkle blouse, striped dress, BLING skirt.I love stripes, and pairing them with a sparkly solid is fantastic!
I would really love a few bright sweaters like this one to throw over my dresses!
So cozy. Love this caramel-ly cardigan. 


Until next time,

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment