Tuesday, January 15, 2013

dresses and bubblegum

January has been floating by.


The weather has been surprisingly warm, as if we decided to switch places with our now-freezing relatives on the west coast. 
We haven't minded, though, enjoying the change of pace. 
Our first week back we were feeling the jet lag, so we spent a lot of time avoiding unpacking!


Dress: J. Crew, Cardigan: Banana Republic, Scarf: Gifted, Tights: Target, Boots: DSW

This was my favorite outfit that week.
This mint dress is possibly the most-worn dress in my closet, and I love playing around with it. The possibilities for color and pattern-pairing is limitless.

My husband took these pictures for me outside of our favorite new sushi place, Wasabi.



It's not easy taking pictures in the wintertime, because as soon as I'm done with work it's already dark!

I've been really missing Frocktober, and the way it challenged me to work with my clothes and get creative with what I wear on a daily basis.
I would love to start a fashion blog, where I could document my pattern experiments and Frocktober-esque challenges, mirroring some of the blogs I love to follow.
I would still keep this blog for my more personal posts, but I'm in the process of figuring out how and if I could start another one.
Any thoughts/advice?

Maybe someday soon I'll be able to get some help in redesigning this blog space to be less cluttered and more user friendly!


This is one of my favorite Christmas presents, from my best friend Becky. She knows I love green, and with it being the Polyvore color of the year, I'd say it was perfectly timed!
(I also really needed a new purse).


If you have any fashion blog name ideas, I'd love to hear them!
I found this great article today that got me brainstorming for fun ideas. It shouldn't be that difficult to come up with a name, but it's been torturing me for weeks!
With this article's advice, I was coming up with all kinds of gems. Cookies and Cashmere, Hoops and Jalapenos!
So far "Pleats and Eats" is in the top running.
What do you think I should name my fashion blog?

In love,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment